How do I enter my home and/or disable access if my phone is lost or stolen?
- Go to this website
- Select the link ‘Login with email‘ from the bottom of the screen
- Enter your email and password to login
- Login to your email account and retrieve the verification code
- Go back tothe account website, enter the code, and select verify
- Select ‘Lost Phone’ to log out of the Yale Access App on all devices
- Select ‘Logout of Yale Access App’ to complete steps
- If you have a physical key, you can use that to get into your home.
- If you have a Yale Smart Keypad you can use the keypad instead of the Yale Access App
- Another Owner of the Yale Smart Lock can open your door remotely if you have a Yale Connect Wi-Fi bridge installed.
If none of the options mentioned before works you will need to gain access to your Smart lock using another smartphone
- .Download the Yale Access App to a substitute smartphone.
- Log into your Yale Access account
You can now operate your lock using this phone. Once you have a permanent replacement phone, there is no need to set up your Yale devices again. All that is required is to download the Yale Access App on the replacement phone and sign in / validate your phone number or email address. All of your Yale Access devices will remain set up in your account.
Both iOS and Android provide tools to help locate your phone and in some cases disable it (depending on the security features you’ve enabled.)
Visit – www.icloud.com, log in to your iCloud account, and select the “Find my iPhone” feature.
Visit – www.google.com/android/devicemanagerand log into your Google Account. If your phone cannot be located, you need to contact your cellular service carrier. If your phone cannot be retrieved your carrier can help you get a replacement phone and regain access to your phone number.