How do I delete my account?
There is no need to contact our Support team if you choose to delete your Yale Access Account. Follow the steps outlined in this article to complete the process.
PLEASE NOTE: If you are the only Owner of the Yale device(s), it is best to perform a factory reset on your device(s) and remove the power source(s)before you delete your account. If someone else in the household will be using your device, you can pass ownership to them from within the Yale Access App. This article provides directions to change a Guest to an Owner. If the device is a lock, complete the factory reset via Bluetooth as this deletes all of the lock info from Yale’s servers immediately. If you attempt to factory reset the lock outside of Bluetooth range, some lock logs will be retained, but this info is erased the next time the lock is set up.
Once you have completed factory resets or passed ownership to another user, follow these steps to delete your Yale Access Account:
- Go to account.Yale.com and log in.
- If you use your email address to log in, a verification code will be sent to you email.
- If you use your phone number to log in, you will receive a verification code over SMS.
- Enter the verification code to complete log in.
- Select the “Delete Account” option from the menu on the left.